So it’s been a while since I’ve posted any updates. To make a long story short: at some point in late July or early August I accidentally updated the Divi Theme, or maybe the Divi Child theme, and weeks of work and fiddling with website design, php code and thousands of arcane variables and values were suddenly wiped out. Either the act of updating the theme or just the changes to the theme were just to much. The tenuous grip on proper formatting that I had worked so hard to achieve fell apart like a house of cards.
It was frustrating and demoralizing and then I went on a few planned trips and then school started up and house projects needed to be done and then the sun got in my eyes and then… well, you know how it is.
After a few weeks of grumping about things I went looking for another WordPress theme and now I’m back into putting everything back together, but this time in a much, much more simple and workable WordPress theme. I’ll be leaving Divi as soon as I can. I don’t exactly know WHEN I’ll get there (I do still have those house projects) but I’ll get there.
I’m not really getting much traffic, but someone liked my comic enough to buy a sticker of one of my strips, so that formally counts as my first piece of “merch” sold. I’m not sure where I’m going to spend that 16 cents of profit, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out.